Wednesday 26 March 2014

Continuing to figure out how to use Sketchup...

I felt like my initial Design on Sketchup (left)
using just basic colours to create the geometrical pattern was quite plain; it felt really flat to me.









However I decided to continue developing the idea by adding texture and patterns. Those are the experiments I have been doing:



I also decided to merge the "geometrical pattern" Design with the idea of using text. This is what I came up with:

Note: The texts used are images I retrieved from the Internet. If I continue developing this idea I will handwrite it myself describing personal experiences, memories, etc..





My findings of the process:

I like the idea of adding more texture, however I find the Design I got so far is too busy. I will try to think of a design that is between my initial and my current idea. Maybe I will use some wooden texture and some fabric patterns or similar.

I really enjoy the inside with the text. I like that it is capable of holding a lot of information and even though a lot if going on, I think it has a farm feeling to it. I would like to further develop it by using my own texts and handwriting as well as adding images from one of my previous sketches (see below). I will also consider things like different fonds for experiences of different importance as well as the location of the text - text on the floor representing foundation or more important things higher up, etc.















No comments:

Post a Comment