Tuesday 25 March 2014

Franziska's Mihimihi

Guten Tag! My name is Franziska, I am 19 years old and originally from Germany. When I was 15 my parents decided to move to New Zealand for work. We moved to Gisborne which is located on the East coast of the North Island. My younger brother and me loved living right at the beach and went surfing everyday after school. Back home we lived in Munich, a gigantic city compared to little 47,000 people living in Gisborne, so being able to live right at the beach seemed like a vacation to us. I loved going to school there and met a lot of great friends that I stayed in touch with since then. End of 2012 my parents and brother moved to Napier and I moved to Wellington after a three month holiday back home. I started a six month certificate of creativity course at the Learning Connexion, an art school in Lower Hutt. I had a great time there, met a lot of very different people and really expanded my art knowledge and skills. However, I decided to continue my studies at University as it would be easier to find a job overseas once I graduated. In the future I would like to work in Asia as I find the culture and people very exotic and compelling. Due to moving to New Zealand I have been able to travel a lot and always found places like Hongkong, Singapore, etc the most interesting. Since I was very little I always pursued my love for art. I very much enjoy drawing, painting with watercolour, sewing, photography, cooking, baking, dancing salsa,hiking, snowboarding, kayaking, playing saxophone...there are a lot of things I enjoy doing. I love New Zealand but also cannot wait to be able to spend a lot of time in Europe again. I am very thankful that my parents opened up all those opportunities for me and support me in everything I do.

Here are some photos relating to my mihimihi


my brother and me at my school's leavers dinner



my best friend





Gisborne Girls' High School



my primary school
Munich


the best place to be in October: Oktoberfest in Munich!!





Some artists I like:

Gregory Crewdson (Photographer)
I love his art work because it looks so creepy. I saw this photograph in an exhibition and it seems vera surreal yet at the same time makes you think the old man will look at you in a second. He portrays social issues in a way that it actually touches me, it makes me feel as if I am a part of the photograph, it makes me feel as if I am as lonely.



Franz Marc (Painter)

Franz Marc worked in a little town that I used to live very close to. I love his work because of the simplicity, he looks at animals, people, objects etc as if they were just made out of simple geometric shapes. This is my favourite painting of his called the "Tiger".

Karl Friedrich Schinkel (painter and architect)

Schinkel is a very interesting person to me. He pursued a career as an architect, yet most of his work was never actually built. His sketches are all very detailed and crafted very carefully.





No comments:

Post a Comment